Want to work with a company Forbes have named one of the world’s best employers? In a workplace where you can proudly bring your whole self to work and contribute to the success of a truly global healthcare brand?
This is a full time, permanent position, This is a mixture of remote working and working our in support centre in North Bristol.
To lead the Management Accounts team to deliver timely month-end accounts and reporting for all practices and central cost centre holders to timetable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the month-end delivery timetable, ensuring practice P&L’s and central cost reports are issued to budget holders to timetable.
- Own month-end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring these are signed off each month and not just movements but justification of balances are reviewed.
- Work with finance department managers to improve the quality and detail behind transactions to improve understanding of income streams / cost visibility to enable full challenge and understanding of drivers.
- Support half-year and year-end audit deliverables to the external audit team and support any internal audit requirements.
- Manage, coach and develop the Management Accounts team to support career development and completion of relevant professional exams reviewing opportunities to rotate team members to widen their experience. Adopt an approach of “develop and promote from within”.
- Own central budget collation and submission as part of the overall annual budget process. Liaise with budget holders to sign off plans within the overall budget assumptions.
- Conduct Central Budget reviews with budget holders each month to ensure progress on track with target or any risks or opportunities are highlighted.
- Produce month-end commentary and reporting packs for the business to explain performance versus budget.
- Manage the annual stock take process.
- Become a competent user of the Hyperion planning tool.
- Adopt an approach of continuous improvement, diving into root cause solutions to improve process and procedures and instil this across the team – own the numbers as if they were your own.
What we’re looking for:
- Qualified accountant with 3+ years post-qualified experience.
- Team management experience.
- An attention to detail – mispostings can be an indicator of a process failure.
- Tenacity to challenge the status quo and look at ways of working to simplify processes and get things “right first time”.
- Experience of using CODA and Hyperion.
Salary and benefits:
- A competitive starting salary with annual reviews
- Car allowance
- Free personal development courses
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Long service recognition
- Brand new comfortable office space
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive staff benefits including discounts in over 7000 retailers and even a day off for your wedding!
- 20% saving on Bupa travel insurance
- Earn up to £3,000 per referral in our employee referral scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to Smile Everyday – a range of health products and services
- Discounted dental insurance that can be extended to family members
- Free annual flu jab
- Discounted health assessments
- Access to Bupa Boost app and a health check
- Cycle to work scheme
If you or someone you know would be interested in working with a dynamic and expanding healthcare business, with lots of support on offer, great benefits and friendly teams, we would love to hear from you!